Monday, January 25, 2010

From Sun Drenched Oceanside

Today, this will be short, I promise. I admit that I have a hard time containing my enthusiasm for my passion......the Bible and its message.

Maybe you need to know a couple of things....first, I use the NIV version of the Bible. Every attempt has been made to keep the accuracy we want and also to make the wording easier to understand. This is what we want to do; understand what God is saying to us.

Also, I do not write from the view point of any particular denomination, or church doctrine. I am not presenting a specific theology or philosophy, other than Biblical theology, and I have no 'philosophy' of my own, only what I read in the Bible. My focus is on presenting Scripture and sharing why it's important and how life will change when we come to know these truths.

I'm sitting at my computer in 'sun-drenched' Oceanside, near San Diego, looking out the window at beautiful snow covered mountains. I recently was in a poetry workshop and the subject of the poem we were to write was 'Things I Didn't Know I Loved'. I hope you have a long list of things you love and appreciate.

I won't be boring you with my poetry you very often, but wanted to share a piece I wrote about the Bible three years ago.

THE WORD

I love the feel
of a Bible
in my hand.

The sequence of words,
the rhythm of the phrase,
the creation of a metaphor on the page.

As I turn the delicate pages,
fragile and thin,
pregnant with wisdom,

I applaud the genius
of the One
who gave birth to the living Word.

Seeking truth,
a message is revealed
that pierces my heart.

The discovery of a loving,
sovereign God,
abounding in grace,
brings great joy,
and much peace.

Bobbe - 2007