Friday, April 30, 2010

Got Questions?

The Bible has the answers. A 'lightening round' of questions might be fun now and then. I'm making an effort to shorten my blogs. I don't want anyone to feel overwhelmed. This will be a good way to answer some questions and be succinct.

1. Do you think believing in Jesus Christ is the only way to get to heaven?

~ What I think (or feel) doesn't matter. Let's see what the Bible says about that. Acts 4:12 - "Salvation is found in no one else...." This refers to Jesus, go back to verse 10.
~John 6:40 - (Jesus speaking) "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son (Jesus) and believes in Him shall have eternal life...."

2. Where can I find a description of Jesus in the Bible?

John 1: 1 - 14 -"....the Word was God...."
Colossians 1: 15 - 20 ''....the image of the invisible God..."
Philippians 2: 6 - 11 "Who being in very nature God....."
Hebrews 1:3 - "The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being....."

If you become familiar with these four references you'll be very comfortable with who Jesus is.

3. I grew up in a Christian home but married a woman who is not a Christian. How can I get her to go to church with me and believe in Jesus?

~ You can't, give it up and just love her. Be at peace knowing God takes care of His sheep. See Ezekiel 43:12 and John 10, which I call the 'sheep chapter'. She may never read a Bible, but she'll read your life - be a good witness for your faith. Romans 5:5 says that the Holy Spirit puts the love of God in our hearts.....ask Him to put love for God in your wife's heart!

4. Are you sure there are not 'many roads to heaven'? That is what seems fair! God is sovereign, not 'fair' in a human sense.

~ Sorry, the Bible says there is just ONE road, the way is narrow. See Matthew 7: 13 - 14.

5. My friends say the gospel sounds 'foolish', no one with a brain could believe it. What should I tell them? I admit, it does sound a little foolish. But God has chosen foolish things to confound the wise.

~ Ask them to check out I Corinthians, Chap. 1

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing...." vs. 18

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise...." vs. 19

"...God was pleased with the foolishness of what was preached to save..." vs. 21

"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom...." vs. 24

Thank you Lord for giving us the Bible so we can know the truth.