Thursday, August 29, 2013

A CHILD OF THE KING

 
 
 
INTRODUCTION
 
 
January 2015 - I've gathered together some thirty-eight blogs written over the past twenty months, August 2014 to December 2014. I continue to edit and prepare to publish a book of approximately seventy-five posts,    Sonshine Everyday: Experiencing God in Everyday Life.
 
Genesis 16:13 - The Lord appeared to Hagar, wife of Abraham and mother of Ishmael. She was wandering around in the desert, alone, frightened, confused and in need of divine direction. Have you ever felt that way? This "Angel of the Lord" was the incarnate Jesus Himself. Hagar called Him "The God who sees me." I can't think of anything more comforting to know that we have a God who sees us; a personal God who is with us through every trial and temptation.
 
My husband, editor 'n chief, and supporter par excellance, and I spent about a month in 1999 traveling through Turkey, Greece and Israel. I'll never forget this hands-on magical trip where it all began; the cradle of civilization. The photos on the front and back covers were taken while on this journey.
 
 
A CHILD OF THE KING
 
My husband took this photo of our son Steve and I in front of our London Hotel a few years ago. I'm getting ready to visit there again with our daughter Jill. God has created a beautiful world and I'm so grateful that I've seen so much of it.
     
      It is especially nice to be able to visit England, I feel so at home there. Maybe that's because, if you are an American, this is your 'Mother Country'. America fought for their independence. It all started with a tea party in 1773. . .famously know as The Boston Tea Party. All the bad memories have faded, and we are faithful allies with England. And, come to think of it, tea parties are still a part of our national politics.

Our daughter and I look forward to re-living history, viewing awesome castles and churches, maybe a play, eating meat pies, drinking tea and ale and making mother-daughter memories. We'll take note of the fact the British have something we in the United States have never had - royalty, kings and queens.

As a child of the King, I know a little bit about royalty. As David wrote in Psalm 24, our King is the Lord Almighty, he is the King of glory, vs.10.

"- God the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of
of lords, who alone is immortal. . .I Timothy 6:15 - 16.

This is the King I belong to - so, I'm a King's kid! I belong to Him, the God of the Ages, I am his child. Someday, I'll live eternally with Him in heaven. Knowing this makes a big difference in my life. I know that whatever the circumstances, I'm under God's protection, I am safe because I belong to Him. There are many things to worry about when traveling, but I know as Joshua knew (1:9) that God will be with me wherever I go. God has made a promise to those who believe in Him. . .

"My presence will go with you and I will give you rest" Exodus 33:14

Isn't this a great travel verse?

I now have a printed manuscript of the last 75 blogs I've written, about 68,000 words. When I get back from London, I'll be doing a lot of editing and ultimately these blogs will wind up in book. Some have asked me if I'll ever run out of things to share about the Lord - my answer; no, not ever. As those of you may have discovered by now, I don't plan when to blog, or even what to say in a blog; I totally rely on the Lord for His direction.

Thank you Lord for the opportunity to visit more of your world. I thank you for being able to spend time with our busy daughter. I ask your blessing as we travel, explore and interact with others on this trip.