Saturday, January 4, 2014

A HIDDEN LIFE

Christmas - the one still point in a world that is always turning. I take great comfort in the fact that "Jesus is the same yesterday and today and forever."  Hebrews 13:8.

        Every year has it's high-lights and low-lights. There are no guarantees in life and none of us know what the New Year may bring. Our one constant is the Lord and knowing He loves us and that our true life is hidden in Him.

"For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God."
Colossians 3:3

This verse refers to the "born again" believer - our old life is gone, it died on the cross, we have a new life and this life isn't always visible.

As I write this, our youngest daughter, Krislyn, is in Denver en route to Baltimore, MD. She was here for the Christmas and New Years. There have been weather problems across the country, hence the flight delays. Four days to get home; this was not a part of her 'visit the family for Christmas' plan. The life that knows peace and joy is hidden from her now. What she sees is stress and confusion all around her. God has it all under control, it just doesn't look like it. A Christian needs to rely on the Holy Spirit to remind us to walk in faith believing in what we can not see.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:18

As we begin a new year most of us want to make some changes in our life - we feel the need to 'better ourselves'. That's a good thing, but some things should never change.

*  Remember every day you are a child of a sovereign God who has a perfect plan for your life - Proverbs 16:33, "every decision is from the Lord."
*  Remember that God redeemed you by His grace, not by  works of righteousness. . .Ephesians 2:9
*  Remember you are not powerless. We have the power of the Holy Spirit and nothing is greater than 'God Power'.

I always have a goal to simplify my life. I have trouble succeeding, but I try. Our faith shouldn't be overwhelming and complicated. On my mental list of 'New Year's Resolutions' is to write more, but shorter blogs. I don't want anyone to feel lost and overwhelmed, I want you to rejoice in the "...simplicity that is in Christ." 2 Corinthians 11:3, King James Version.

I pray that you will hold on, for dear life, to these Biblical truths. I use many Scripture verses, because I 'think' in Bible verses. I don't want to share my opinions, I want to share God's truth from His Word. When we cling to the One who never changes, 2014 will be very good year.

God bless us, everyone.