Saturday, October 10, 2015

HOW IS THE DAY?



I was blessed to go to Uganda a few years ago. I kept a daily
journal of my experiences. I taught fourteen amazing teenage girls in the Rafiki Girl's Center program. They walked from their villages every day to take classes in English, Bible study, nutrition, cooking, sewing, health and hygiene. I lived in the Rafiki Village with other teachers and twenty precious little orphans. My time here was short, but the rewards have been very long-lasting. The word 'Rafiki' means friend in Swalili.

        Many asked to read my journal. I begin to think it might not make its way back to me, so published this book. . .How Is The Day?  I found this to be a charming expression that the Africans used to greet one another. I took the photo on the front cover at the request of this family from the village of Ssala.

        If you have ever wondered what it's like to be a missionary in Africa and live among the people there, you might want to buy my book. It's available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and as an E-book, which is very inexpensive.  

     I also share the story of the Rafiki Foundation and the wonderful work they've been doing in Africa for many years. Who knows, you might want to pack your bags and see 'God's Word at Work' on this diverse continent!