Monday, April 18, 2016

SEVEN TRUTHS CHRISTIANS SHOULD NEVER FORGET


Happy spring! This is such a great time of year when we witness the coming alive, in glorious colors, all that seemed dead just a few weeks ago. I think I enjoy watching the birds as much as all the flora. They are so busy choosing their mates and looking for just the right place to build their nest. I saw a baby hawk this morning circling above our yard crying and screeching. I think he lost his mother and is too young to know how to hunt for food on his own. He was probably hungry and scared. I felt sorry for him so asked Jesus to help the little guy.


It appears that the roses are in competition with the bougainvillea, and the azaleas are vying for attention among the begonia and bird of paradise plants. Lilacs are gently swaying in the breeze in the midst of pink geraniums. And we get to sit back and watch it all unfold. Only God can direct and produce a show like this!

Despite the beauty surrounding us, we sometimes lack enthusiasm for our daily life. At times I say to myself, "All I do is work!" The Lord took my husband home the end of last December, and I'm doing a lot of things I never did before. Like sorting through mail, paying bills and attending to the patio and yard. Some mornings I get up and think that I need just a little bit of coffee, and a whole lot of Jesus!

I have a great family and lots of friends and meaningful activities to keep me focused on what is 'good'. But there are times that I must re-connect with who I am 'in Christ'. And when I do, stress drains away, joy returns, and I am thrilled to be who I am, and where I am, doing whatever the Lord has determined is perfect for me. 

I am reminded that I'm always loved. . .Romans 8: 37-39
"No, in all these things, we are more than conquerors through him who loves us...Nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I remember that in God's eyes, I am always righteous. . . Philippians 3:9
"Not having a righteousness of my own, but that which is through Christ - the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith."

I recall that the Bible says I am 'perfect' in God's eyes . . . Hebrews 10:14
"Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy."
"Being made hold" is a process and not an instantaneous event. Knowing this brings peace to my sometimes ruffled feathers.

I am totally and completely forgiven. . .Colossians 2: 13-14
"He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with all its regulations, he took it away, nailing it to the cross."
Jesus fulfilled the law, the Ten Commandments, paid the penalty for every sin I have committed or will commit in the future, died on a cross, and rose again so I will be presented to God the Father  ". . .without fault and with great joy." Jude 24

I don't want to forget that the Bible teaches that I can be without fear. . .John 4:18
"There is no fear in love. Perfect love drives out fear."

And the Word of God says I, as a believer, am without shame. . .
Romans 10:1
"Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."
Psalm 34:5 "Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame."

Best of all - I am continually and always in His will! Romans 8:27
"The Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.".

Ephesians 1:11
". . .according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will."

When it comes to spiritual truth, we are dependent on the Lord. We are unable to recall at will these truths unless prompted by the Holy Spirit. I'll stop here, even though I could go on listing what we believers shouldn't forget for pages and pages! In Scripture, the number 'seven' means completion. More about that interesting fact later.

I was thrilled last week to see that someone in Japan had bought one of my books on Amazon. Most of my readers are in the United States, but I now have hundreds from other countries who seem to enjoy this blog.

Books - 'How Is The Day?' and 'The God Who Sees Me' can be bought on-line at Amazon, either a paper copy or digital book.

Thank you Lord for faithfully helping us to remember your truth and apply it to our life.