Saturday, September 10, 2016

THE ONE THING THAT NEVER CHANGES

I get very frustrated when something I've done dozens of times no longer works, at least not in the same way. I have added photos to my blog so many times but now I must  use a different system to download and store pictures I've taken on my phone. I must learn the new way and it's a struggle. This verse comes to mind. . . 

" Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
Hebrews 13:8

Praise God something is the same! I appreciate modern technology and see the value in trying my best to 'keep up'. I take issue with constant change however - how are we supposed to have a sense of calm and peace when we can't count on stability in our life? When things are in a constant state of flux - I lack confidence. Do you? And this is exactly the time we need to cling to the One who is stable - Jesus Christ.

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock in whom I take refuge. . .my stronghold."
Psalm 18:2

I find great comfort in knowing that I worship the God who never changes, the alpha and omega - beginning and the end. Our human relationships are based on behavior - if someone does all the right things, behaves in the way we want and shows us love, we love them back, if not, we don't. God's love never fails. Sometimes we don't judge His acts as loving but we know ultimately, they will be for the best. This is when we walk in faith and trust in the character of God. In  I John 4, we are told "God is love" - by faith, we can believe this - always.

There are some things about me, and you, that will never change in God's view and the way He sees us, His beloved child.

I AM ACCEPTED. . .

I have been justified - Romans 5:1
I have been bought with a price. I belong to God - I Cor. 6:19-20
I am a saint - Ephesians 1:1
I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins - Colossians 1:14
I am complete in Christ - Colossians 2:10

I AM SECURE

I am free forever from condemnation - Romans 8:1-2
I am assured that all things will work together for good - Rom 8:28
I cannot be separated from the love of God - Romans 8:35
I am confident that the good work that God has begun in me will be perfected - Philippians 1:6
I can find grace and mercy in time of need. - Hebrews 4:16

I AM SIGNIFICANT

I am the salt and light of the earth - Matthew 5:13,14
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm - Ephesians 2:6
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit - John 15:16
I am God's workmanship - Ephesians 2:10
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me - Phil.4:13

What you believe about yourself and your relationship to God determines your behavior, joy and peace.

Lord, when I get super frustrated please remind me that I am your child and you are my rock and protection - the same today, yesterday and forever.