Thursday, August 17, 2017

WOW, A MIRACULOUS MUSEUM

I was thrilled recently when I heard about a new museum being built in the heart of Washington, D.C. This museum will be called The Museum of the Bible. I was not only thrilled but astonished! How could this happen in our country that is becoming so secular? Oh, that's right, I forgot the God of the universe can do anything He wants to do and He wanted a museum in our Capital that would honor His Word, the Bible.

I recently picked up some literature about the museum. I'm going to quote a few words here. " WE EXIST TO INVITE ALL PEOPLE TO ENGAGE WITH THE BIBLE. I love the "all people". The museum will have traveling exhibits, I believe they've already begun. I hope to experience this museum personally but many won't be able to do that so these exhibits are vital to sharing God's Word, literally throughout the world.

The building will be eight stories high and have 430,000 square feet! They will be "developing a cutting-edge Bible curriculum using the latest in interactive technology, and pioneering groundbreaking research and raising up the next generation of biblical scholars through its Scholars Initiative." The brochure further states that. . .

"The Bible speaks to issues relevant to all humanity. Throughout the millennia, it has been passed on from generation to generation and from continent to continent. The beauty and historical impact of this book is for all people."

You can go on-line for more information - museumofthebible.org
or if you'd like to be involved with this historic museum go to www.1mn.me

I wrote this poem a few years ago; it seems appropriate to again share it with this blog.

THE WORD

I love the feel
   of a Bible 
in my hand.

The sequence of words,
   the rhythm of the phrase,
the creation of a metaphor
   on the page.

As I turn the delicate pages, 
   fragile and thin, 
pregnant with wisdom

I applaud the genius
   of the One who
gave birth to the living Word.

Seeking truth
   a message is revealed
that pierces my heart.

The discovery of a loving,
   sovereign God,
abounding in grace
   brings great joy
and much peace.

Thank you Lord for giving the world this wonderful museum. I know you will raise up those who will support it so your gospel of love can be shared with all your people.