Friday, August 2, 2019

WHY WRITE A BLOG?

Why write a blog? So many people do. If I had to make one succinct statement regarding blogging it would be this. . .

People blog because they have a passion for something (or in my case, someone) that they want to share.

It's really as simple as that! I've always enjoyed writing but I begin to write in earnest with a purpose after becoming part of a creative writing class. When I started to blog I suddenly realized what "www" really meant - world wide web - people all over the world can read the words you write. That can be intimidating! Every once in awhile I check my 'stats' and discover that indeed, people all over the world are reading my blog - thousands. 

I am thrilled by this because I write about my first love, Jesus Christ, and want others to know the joy and peace that comes from a relationship with my Lord and Savior. My blog, as some have pointed out, has also become somewhat of a memoir because it's impossible to know and teach Scripture without applying it in a practical way to everyday life. The one life I know about is mine. I don't know about your life,  I am convinced we all have a story to share that may help others - doesn't matter what your joy is, re-building old cars, cooking, art, making quilts, parenting skills, and a million other things that make up who we are as people. 

So go for it! I'm going to copy and paste a piece I wrote some time ago on why I blog. Why you blog would be very different, totally you.


WHY I BLOG

I blog to have a voice, to make a difference, to feed a passion and to reach out to others on the World Wide Web.

I blog to have a place to deposit what I’ve learned and continue to learn.  Blogging brings peace and joy to my life.

I blog for the thrill of a new revelation from God’s Word that will help me to challenge and inspire others.

I blog to be honest, vulnerable, and risk criticism. Words written have more weight than words spoken. They aren’t as easily misunderstood or forgotten.

Sometimes I am surprised by a profound thought, other times annoyed by my lack of ability to communicate. I am always aware of the Master I serve.

I blog to add clarity to difficult concepts, and to explore mysteries and miracles that take my breath away.

I blog because I wonder, because I wonder, I search, because I search, I discover.

I blog for excitement, to race and tumble at breakneck speed toward a spiritual treasure that puts life into perspective.

I blog for all those who want to know but will not ask, for family, friends and all who are curious.

I blog because I want to know me, what I blog is me, coming from the One who created me.

I blog because it’s God – directed, and I am in awe when words drift without effort from my fingertips onto the internet.

I blog in hopes that a revelation or a new discovery will bear fruit and ultimately lead someone into a relationship with the Living Word, Jesus Christ.

I blog to introduce, to praise and to give glory to God.

Bobbe Van Hise
8/2/19