Thursday, July 30, 2020

WHO DO YOU TRUST?


I have not abandoned my blog, but I see I haven't posted since May. My old computer couldn't keep up any more, so bought a new one. I've had some difficulty with it. . .what is it they say about not being able to teach old dogs' new tricks? More and more I see myself avoiding something I don't trust to work. And I don't trust this new computer to get something done without a lot of frustration on my part. On the other hand, I'm beginning to feel that gentle nudge from the Lord to share what I'm learning from Him.

Some will say, "I'm pretty smart, I trust myself". Is that wise? It's good to be well-informed but in the end, we need to look to the Lord  because He is totally trustworthy, and His Word, the Bible, is also trustworthy and full of wisdom. We can always look to the Psalms and Proverbs as a good way to absorb the wisdom of God.

"He who trusts in himself is a fool but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe." Proverbs 28:26.

This wisdom we walk in is not worldly wisdom, it's spiritual wisdom that God graciously bestows on us.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  Hebrews 11:1

We all discover it's very difficult to to be 'sure' of something we can't see, so we learn to trust. When our trust is placed in God, and we know He is firmly in control, we can have peace. As hard as we try, there really isn't any lasting peace outside of the Lord.

Psalm 20:7 - 

Psalm 56:4 - "In God whose word I praise, In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

God sent us Jesus, God in the flesh, to be our Savior and forgiver of sins. Jesus said if we believe in Him we will have eternal life - John 5:24. This passage also says. . ."

So, isn't it great that we can have a personal relationship with the only One in the whole universe who is totally trustworthy? I think so! The more you read and study God's Word the more you'll know Him. These are hard times for our country. Not just hard, but very frightening. I feel so bad for those who don't know Who to trust.

My previous blog 'NEW YORK BLESSING' is the first time I've posted a video. I thought it was amazing. I cried through the whole thing. I love NY city in all its messiness and chaos. Seeing this video with people in every kind of church, representing every race and country praising God, Lord over all is just so special and awesome. Only God can unite people like this, share it, it might help dispel the fear, anger  and hate we see around us.  


Thank you Lord for gathering your people all over the world to sing praises to you, to encourage others to have faith and to honor You.  I know You have a reason for everything you do.