Thursday, January 6, 2022

MY DESTINY

 It's been over a year since I wrote my last blog, but I never stopped thinking of my readers or stopped blogging in my head. So much has happened this past year. After being a widow for over 5 years, I remarried! We first met in a creative writing class in September 2018 and soon found we enjoyed each other's company and begin to spend a lot of time together. I smile when I remember the day he walked through my door and said, "I am so happy to have you in my life!" New Year's Eve 2020, Michael proposed to me. We had Chinese food for dinner and he buried his proposal in a fortune cookie - it simply said "Bobbe, I love you, and only you, will you marry me?" I was very ready to say 'Yes!'

Shortly after, we both came down with Covid and were very sick. A planned foot surgery was delayed until February. We both made it back to good health and married in June. The end of July my husband had a hip replacement. He made a fast recovery and in October we spent over two weeks back east with lots of friends and relatives. I am now officially a part of the family. 

I think we all wonder from time to time what our destiny will be. I'm a very positive person no matter what is going on around me. I think this is true because I know I am a child of God and He will be faithful to help me through the storms of life that come my way. I've written this many times, 'what we think or how we feel doesn't matter unless it's based on Biblical truth.'

As the rain and snow come down from heaven and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish. . .so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which it was sent."

When I come to understand what God has said, I feel very safe and secure and it isn't easy to rob me of my joy. God has a plan for my life; the plan has existed since the creation of the world - Ephesians 1:4-5 - He choose us before the world to be holy and blameless in His sight and he predestined us to be adopted as sons through Jesus Christ for His pleasure and good will. 

God loved me before I was born! I can understand that, I loved all my children before they were born and before I ever saw them. Some of us have trouble understanding God's sovereignty but once you accept this critical part of Biblical doctrine, it brings peace knowing the God who created you has also designed your life. I know life often appears to be far from perfect but know this, God is perfect and He knows what He is doing.

Many of us around the world are busy are busy putting our Christmas decorations away until next year. It's a comfort to know that the child born in Bethlehem over 2,000 years ago was, the child prophesied to come in Isaiah 7:14, was called Immanuel which means "God with us" - Matthew 1:23 Jesus was not just a prophet, He is God in the flesh. Jesus said in John 10:30 "the Father and I are one". He also said that if you have seen Him, you've seen the Father. Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the light and anyone who believes in him, will never walk in darkness.

In order to understand spiritual things you need to be born of the Spirit - flesh gives birth to flesh but the Spirit gives birth to Spirit. This is why Jesus said we must be "born again." The gospel of John is a wonderful study. I know from the beginning of creation that Jesus was going to be my destiny. I was going to believe that He is my Lord and Savior, I would teach His Word, I would write about Him, and most important, love Him. Ultinately, I will live in heaven with Him for all eternity. I won't be there because I'm a good and perfect human being, I'll be there because Jesus has paid for all my sins and now God looks at me as perfect as His Son.

I wish you a New Year that will grow you, comfort you, and bless you in more ways than you ever thought possible. 

Jude 24. . . "To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy. . ."


Thank you Jesus for being my destiny.