Monday, March 16, 2020

HOW TO SURVIVE A CRISIS

 Life isn't always a bowl of cherries, in fact, it seldom is. We need to learn to cope with change, because there will always be change, and something to fear. I have great peace in the midst of most anything - maybe not initially, but ultimately, because I trust God's Word to be true.

Psalms 16:8 "I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."

Quite simply, that is how to survive a crisis. When you understand that God is always looking after his people, you can relax.

I know many are very concerned about the pandemic we are facing. The corona virus has attacked many countries with a vengeance. I was shopping for a St. Patrick's Day dinner this morning, and was amazed how many bare shelves I found in the store. A woman shopper said to me, "Can you believe this, not one head of cabbage and not one onion in this store!" Those who hoard items make it hard on everyone. How selfish they are, but then I must remember that not everyone is a Christian and believes that the Lord will supply their needs - God does not say He will supply all our 'wants', but He will take care of what we need. Most often, we think we need a lot more than we really do. I take great comfort in God's Word; it keeps my boat from rocking during the storms of life. 

Matthew 6:8 ". . .your father knows what you need before you ask him."

I think most of us go through life thinking that others, even those we know love us, do not really understand our needs, so isn't it wonderful to know that the Lord does?

Philippians 4:19 - Paul was writing to those who lived in Philippi -
"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." 

When you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you can declare as King David did in Psalms 23,

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want."

There is a reason this is one of the most beloved psalms, read it often, the whole psalm, you will be blessed. 

Yes, scary things are happening in our world today. There have always been scary things happening down through the ages. So, we stay calm, trust God's love and carry on. We can then look at a beautiful bowl of cherries (or our life) and say, 'yes, this is good.'